October 13, 2009
My Big Project No. 2
The 2 most important things in my to-do list are:
1. Wedding prep
2. Learn how to COOK!
I'm bad at cooking.
Let me rephrase that.
I can't say I'm bad or not, because I don't know how. And I need to learn.... pronto!
I've got less than 6 months to learn, should be enough time, right? *worried*
Since I know some of you are your partner's personal chef, please, please, please share with me your secret!
I've tried googling 'resepi masakan melayu' and there were a number of hits. Not sure which one I should pick.
If you have any recipes you don't mind sharing with me or you know any websites that can help me with this big project of mine, your ideas and thoughts are most welcome!
Some of the things I want to learn how to cook:
1. Nasi lemak & the sambal too
2. Rendang ayam/daging (which one is easier?)
3. Nasi tomato (it's my favorite, so I must learn, right?)
4. Nasi ayam
5. Gulai lemak ayam/daging/ikan masin
6. Ayam masak merah
7. Ayam/Daging/Ikan masak kicap
9. All the other malay dishes you can think of!
10. Oh yeah, dal for the nasi tomato too :p
The simpler, the better. But of course, sedap :)